Who needs extracurricular activities? I certainly don’t–we have them all right here in our own home. Here’s a short list of some of the activities occuring on a daily or weekly basis:
- A boys’ choir (I am frequently serenaded).
- Dance parties–say no more, the boys like to shake their groove things (husband included–only one of the three has consistent rhythm, I won’t say which.)
- Yoga–headstand/headstand prep are favorites, preferably done on the couch while watching tv.
- A strange hybrid of martial arts and boxing, otherwise known as sibling punching and kicking.
- Circus tricks and attempts at acrobatics.
- Then there are the usual suspects, swimming, running and biking.
- The biggest is the drama “club”–we are big on drama around here.
So I ask–why drive around town and pay big money for these activities when you can “enjoy” them in the privacy of your own home? In case you’re wondering–you can spin doctor anything.